Taylors Lakes Secondary have two options to cater for families which are part of the BYOD program. The information below provides information regarding these options.
Option 1 - Purchase a device through the BYOD portal.
Purchasing brand new devices are available via two TLSC web portals:
This will initially cost
- Cost of the device for the parent (independent of the school)
- Computer technical support charge set for 2020 at $39 to cover network connection, maintenance and monitoring charges.
(This charge is payable through Course Confirmation on Compass)
Students may already have a device at home that meets the College minimum requirements (below). In that case they can bring their device to school and the only fee will be the annual school charge of $39.
Option 2 - Purchase of a device from an independent supplier that meets the Schools minimum requirements.
In order for an independently purchased device to be used on the College network, the published minimum standards for the device must be met. These would need to be checked in advance as not all devices are allowed connection to the schools network. Please note that the school will not be able to provide onsite servicing and repairs to these devices as it will void your warranty. In cases of hardware faults and damages, you will need to contact your original supplier or a reputable computer store for assistance.
Minimum Requirements for option 2 BYOD
By ensuring the following requirements are met we will ensure that devices have adequate connectivity to connect to the College network and also ensure that students will have an adequate level of functionality to take full advantage of the current and emerging learning opportunities ICT can offer.
- Devices must have a minimum screen size of 11.3”
- Devices must operate with either Windows 10 or MacOSX Mojave (or above)
- Have an advertised battery life of at least 6 hours
- Built-in camera
- Adequate internal storage capacity - 128Gb Minimum
- Identification of student details clearly labelled on the device is a must for all students carrying their BYOD to school.
NB: At this time the College does not support Google Chromebooks, Android tablets or iPads.